Skip to content
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network. Cellphone apps and risk that is sexual among males that have intercourse with guys
- Since the 1990s, homosexual and bisexual males who possess intercourse with men have now been making use of information and interaction technologies, particularly the world-wide-web and mobile smartphone networking applications for many different intimate purposes (1).
- Guys whom choose finding lovers online, and also by expansion, males whom utilize mobile apps to get lovers, prefer the privacy associated with encounter, the capability to try out their sex, and also the simplicity of discussion with lovers (2).
- While many research shows that looking for intercourse through mobile and internet platforms is connected with more high-risk behaviours than many other methods of finding sexual lovers, other research suggests online sex seeking may subscribe to more protective behaviours.
- Provided the amount of males whom make an online search and mobile apps to look for intimate lovers, these platforms could be effective tools for training and HIV-STI prevention interventions (3).
- The net and mobile apps could be used to recruit and engage males who possess intercourse with guys in HIV-related research; nevertheless, scientists should know the various faculties ( e.g., age, ethnicity, training) of people recruited through mobile apps versus more recruitment that is traditional. Continue reading The Ontario HIV Treatment Network. Cellphone apps and risk that is sexual among males that have intercourse with guys